How to open WPS files

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
JOHNE

How to open WPS files

Post by JOHNE »

During the fix for a hard drive meltdown, I lost Microsoft Word and Works on my computer, which runs Vista. Don't have the disks to reinstall. Downloaded openoffice, but when I try to open an older WPS files, it tries to filter through Adobe, Internet Explorer or Microsoft Notepad and I end up with gobbledygook. How do I change it to open WPS files properly?

Thanks
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic about Microsoft Works from Beginners forum to MS Windows
Openoffice 3.2 working on Windows Vista
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: How to open WPS files

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

OpenOffice can't open WPS files directly.

We encourage members to search before posting. Does this help: [Solved] How to open Microsoft Works Documents.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
jackie

Post by jackie »

Openoffice doesnt open the WPS file.Its always better to do a Bing search before posting the question.Earlier I also faced the similar kind of situation,I formatted my computer,lost the data and was not able to open few files.I came to this forum ,search few topics and found the answer so its always better to either do a bing search or search with in the forum to find the solution.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
office 2010
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

jackie wrote:Openoffice doesnt open the WPS file.Its always better to do a Bing search before posting the question.
No need neither to resurrect an old topic!
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10