[Solved] Printing multiple slides on one page

Discuss the presentation application
tmoney2514

[Solved] Printing multiple slides on one page

Post by tmoney2514 »

Hello. I can't figure out how to print say, six slides per page. I hit Print > Options > Handouts > Grayscale > OK > Print. The setting for six slides is chosen under the "handout tab" above the slide. I chose Grayscale so that I dont use up a bunch of color. When I choose "Handouts" under the printing option tab, it leaves both the "handouts" box and the "drawing" box checked. I have tried printing with both of them checked and with only "handouts" checked, but no matter what I do, I just get blank pages printed. When I check all of the boxes, or just some of them, I only get the notes for one page... nothing I do seems to be working and I cant figure out how to simply print six slides on each page. Can anyone please help? I'm using OpenOffice version 2.3 and I have windows XP. Thanks!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
acknak

Re: Printing multiple slides on one page

Post by acknak »

Try leaving the File > Print > Options > "Quality" setting at "Default". The other choices there seem to often have problems. At least try one page with the default setting, just to see if that is indeed the source of the problem.

If you get another print dialog that's specific to your printer, or if your printer has a configuration utility, you may be able to set options there that will print grayscale, or other ink-saving settings.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
tmoney2514

Post by tmoney2514 »

Awsome, that worked! Now, is there anyway that I can make the slides larger so that they are easier to read when they print? Under the "handout" option, I am able to move the slides around, but it wont let me stretch them to make them bigger. Is there anyway I can do that?
acknak

Post by acknak »

Each slide on the handout view is protected against changing it's size. Just do: Format > Position and Size > Position and Size > Protect > Size = NO (unchecked), and then you can change the size and adjust the position to fill the page as you like.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
richlv

Re: [Solved] Printing multiple slides on one page

Post by richlv »

ok, just in case some poor soul stumbles upon this thread and then desperately tries to resize the damn handouts... there is a serious regression from oo.org 2 to 3 - all changes to handout page layout are ignored. you can stop trying (i wasted lots of time trying myself).

vote on http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=94055
OpenOffice.org 3.2 on slackware 13.0