[Solved] Text appearing as wrap text in Memo field

Discuss the database features
MalM

[Solved] Text appearing as wrap text in Memo field

Post by MalM »

Hi,

I am new to Oo Base and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. I have managed to import a table from excel. Not all the fields were displaying the right information, but I managed to fix them except for a field that I titled "comments". In addition, the text in the "Comments" field did not appears when I imported the data, so I had to cut and paste them individually onto the table. For the "comments" field, I have chosen memo as field type.

Now the issue is when I paste the text into the comment field on the table, everything is ok. However, when I created the form, all the data in the "comments" field appears on one line rather than it filling the entire box (like wrap text option on excel). How do I get the data in this field to appear as a "wrap text" in the box rather than it all shows on one line?

If you are going to respond to this question, please use non-technical computer language as my background is not in IT.

Thanks

M.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3.0 / MAC OS X version 10.5.8
format

Re: How do I get the text to appear as wrap text in Memo field?

Post by format »

ok i think i can help you out of this.

1) right click on your form and choose edit
2) now double click on your memo field
3) on the window shown up scroll down until you see "Word break". Change that to "Yes" .
4) close the window
5) Save your form and close it

and it is done

:)
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7 / OpenOffice 3.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
MalM

Re: How do I get the text to appear as wrap text in Memo field?

Post by MalM »

IT Worked!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! :super: :bravo:

M.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 / MAC OS X version 10.5.8