[Solved] XPS File Format

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
oOoWilson

[Solved] XPS File Format

Post by oOoWilson »

:? Maybe I'm just :ucrazy:, but I can't open an XPS file that was sent to me. I run OpenOffice exclusively, and I can't find anything on the website to show me if OO supports such a file :crazy: , or if there is a conversion program that is endorsed by the gods of the Open text *Que worship :bravo: *

can anyone guide me here?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.1 XP user, WP/MTG/AMA Consumer Loyalty Rep (US) #5501
S. Wilson McMahon
acknak

Re: XPS File Format

Post by acknak »

An "XPS file" isn't a lot to go on. Do you have any idea what's in the file, or what application created it?

The only "XPS" format that I'm aware of is a recent MIcrosoft effort to replace PDF with their own XML format, and OOo does not deal with that at all.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
oOoWilson

Re: XPS File Format

Post by oOoWilson »

acknak wrote:The only "XPS" format that I'm aware of is a recent MIcrosoft effort to replace PDF with their own XML format, and OOo does not deal with that at all.
This answers my question. And as far as what's on it, it is a quote from an independent pc dealer... So Thank you very much :super:
Open Office 3.1 XP user, WP/MTG/AMA Consumer Loyalty Rep (US) #5501
S. Wilson McMahon
acknak

Re: [Solved] XPS File Format

Post by acknak »

... it is a quote from an independent pc dealer...
OK. They're probably using MS Office 2007, which (as I understand) outputs this "XPS" instead of the more widely supported PDF; so it's basically an electronic printout. I guess MS probably has a "free" reader/viewer for it, similar to what Adobe does for PDF.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23