[Issue] How to set outline color and fill color of text?

Discuss the word processor
sb73542

[Issue] How to set outline color and fill color of text?

Post by sb73542 »

Hello,

I am trying to create a text box, and I need to specify the color of the outline of the text, and I need to set a separate fill color. Is this possible? The "outline" option looks good, but it only lets me set the fill color. There Fontwork options let me set line style and gradient, but I don't want stretched or warped or styled fonts, I need normal font styles that are the proper font size that I have set.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
OOo 3.2 on openSUSE 11.3
acknak

Re: How to set outline color and fill color of text?

Post by acknak »

I don't think OOo can render text with a specific outline color.

You can do it in Draw, but you'll have to convert the text to a curve, then you can set different properties for the outline and the fill however you like, but the object will be a pure graphic--the text is lost. If you needed to edit the text content, you'd have to start all over.

I think this is the relevant issue: Issue 42020: Option to Make characters transparent in Outline Effect
You can register there and add your vote (up to two) or comment.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
sb73542

Re: [Issue] How to set outline color and fill color of text?

Post by sb73542 »

Thanks for the reply! The capability is ALMOST there with FontWork, which does allow you to set the line style of the text outline as well as the fill color/gradient. But it's too gaudy and stylized. I just need a simple letters that are correctly formatted with the font and size I choose, but letting me pick the outline color for a bit more contrast.
OOo 3.2 on openSUSE 11.3