How to set properties for JDBC connection?

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
boomerbubba

How to set properties for JDBC connection?

Post by boomerbubba »

I am trying to use a JDBC connection using Christian Werner's SQLite JDBC driver SQLite.JDBCDriver described here:

http://www.ch-werner.de/javasqlite/

The driver class registers and works, and so does my Datasource URL. I can browse and query the database in Base.

However, it seems that for this connection I need to tweak one of the driver's own properties, a driver-specific property called daterepr.

My problem is that I can find no place in Open Office to change the driver-specific properties. If I right-click Database -> Properties, I just see the barebones definition of the driver class and URL. If I right-click Database -> Advanced Settings, I see some "Advanced Prperties" and "Special Settings" that seem to pertain to something else.

I am a Java newbie, but it does seem that driver-specific properties are commonly exposed to a calling program. See

http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.sq ... pInfo.html

So how can I set such properties for the connection from within OpenOffice?
OOo 3.1.1 Windows XP and Vista
boomerbubba

Re: How to set properties for JDBC connection?

Post by boomerbubba »

I now see that some kind of support for driver-specific properties seems to be in the works for OOo 3.2:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... se_drivers
boomerbubba

Post by boomerbubba »

FWIW, I tried the 3.2.0 RC5 test version, and there is no joy. In fact, things get worse.

Using this release candidate version, of OOo, I set up a new JDBC connection to the database desrcribed above.

I still get connectivity to the database.

But now, not only is there no place to set those driver-specific properties, the connection fails to retrieve any data at all. When accessing a table or view in OOo Base, all I get is an error popup: "Not supported"

With 3.1.1, I could retrieve all the data, but the grid just did not display the date columns.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

In OOo 3.2 driver part of OOo changed, I think the SQLite driver not changed accordingly.
Please contact the driver developer.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
boomerbubba

Post by boomerbubba »

r4zoli wrote:In OOo 3.2 driver part of OOo changed, I think the SQLite driver not changed accordingly.
Please contact the driver developer.
The developer of ths driver, like the developers of most JDBC drivers, did not write a driver to conform to a special standard set by OOo. Rather, these authors write drivers that conform to general JDBC standards for the whole world.

OOo 3.1.1 successfully connected and retrieved data from that driver; OOo 3.2.0 RC5 fails to do so.

I have logged a defect report for the OOo release candidate.
OOo 3.1.1 Windows XP and Vista