Missing Graphics

Discuss the word processor
Vern

Missing Graphics

Post by Vern »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? Vista
What is your question or comment? I have been using this for a few years now. Today I open up all my files and the graphics are missing. There is just a place holder where they were. I looked at the online help and found

"If the Graphics On/Off icon on the Tools bar is activated, no graphics are displayed - only empty frames as placeholders."

Well i've gone through every Option in every menu and I can't find where to turn it back on/off.
Hagar Delest

Re: Missing Graphics

Post by Hagar Delest »

Tools>Options>OOo Writer>View, check the Graphics and objects entry in the Display section.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

Vern wrote:Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? Vista
What is your question or comment? I have been using this for a few years now. Today I open up all my files and the graphics are missing. There is just a place holder where they were. I looked at the online help and found

"If the Graphics On/Off icon on the Tools bar is activated, no graphics are displayed - only empty frames as placeholders."

Well i've gone through every Option in every menu and I can't find where to turn it back on/off.
Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Writer > Graphics > check display graphics and objects.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Vern wrote:Today I open up all my files and the graphics are missing. There is just a place holder where they were.
What exactly do these placeholders look like? Is there an intact graphic icon (circle, square, triangle shapes) followed by a filename? That's a true placeholder.

Is there a graphic icon but "broken" in the middle? That indicates a linked graphic that has been moved so it needs to be re-linked.

Is there just a pathname of some kind? That could indicate that the internal pointer (in the XML code) has been corrupted somehow.

There are other ways for graphics to go missing. Some of them do appear to leave a "placeholder" but the exact kind of placeholder is important, to have some idea of what we're working with.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Map Collector

Post by Map Collector »

For OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows.

View / Toolbars / Tools, - mouse to graphics icon, left click, select On/Off

Graphics icon is 5th from left.
Windows 8 running OpenOffice Ver. 4.1.2