[Solved] Writer macro to insert an image into a table cell

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
rudolfo
Volunteer

[Solved] Writer macro to insert an image into a table cell

Post by rudolfo »

I am trying to create an "autotext" for a notice paragraph with an icon on the left and the note text indented.

Code: Select all

..     This is the content of
  (  )    the paragraph which might take
   \/     more lines and exceed the height
          of the icon on the left.
I made several attempts with a simple paragraph and background images or anchored images where the text contents is wrapped around. ... and I gave up. I decided that this can only be accomplished with a one row, two column table. I tried to put all the steps into a macro, so that I can insert this with one mouse click.
But I am stuck when trying to insert a graphic into a table cell. Inserting an image into a normal paragraph is working (I used code from Andrew Pitonyak Macro book).

oDoc = ThisComponent
  ' Create a table and attach/insert it at the current cursor position
  vViewCursor = oDoc.getCurrentController().getViewCursor()
  oTable = oDoc.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.TextTable")
  oTable.initialize(1, 2)
  oDoc.getText.insertTextContent( vViewCursor, oTable, False )

' I can manipulate the table (Text content of the right cell, borders ...)

' Create an Image with the method from Andrew's book
  oImage = oDoc.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.GraphicObject")
  With oImage
     .GraphicURL = ConvertToURL("C:\temp\note.png")
     .AnchorType = com.sun.star.text.TextContentAnchorType.AS_CHARACTER
     .Width = 3000
     .Height = 3000
  End With

' I get quite a lot of exceptions when I inspect the graphic object with Xray
  ' but that's like that in normal paragraphs and the graphic is inserted without problem

' create a text cursor in the left cell
  oCursor = oTable.getCellByPosition(0,0).createTextCursor()
  ' Xray shows that the created cursor has all the typical cursor properties and methods

oDoc.getText.insertTextContent( oCursor, oImage, False )   ' RUNTIME ERROR HERE
For the last line with the insertTextContent I get a runtime error with the message "text interface and cursor not related".
Probably because the table is not part of the normal ThisComponent.getText stream. Seems like I need a "text something" from the table cell for that I can call the insertTextContent method.
The API says about the XText or XSimpleText interface that defines this insert method:
is the main interface for a distinct text unit, i.e. the main text of a document, the text for headers and footers or for single cells of a table.
Clearly there is TEXT in a table cell! But how do I get access to this object?

oTable.getCellByPosition(0,0).iWantTheText().insertTextContent(oCursor,oImage,False) ??

Any ideas? Thank you ...
Last edited by rudolfo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
hanya
Volunteer

Re: Writer macro for inserting an image into a table cell

Post by hanya »

I made little modification:

' create a text cursor in the left cell
  oCell = oTable.getCellByPosition(0,0)'.createTextCursor()
  ' Xray shows that the created cursor has all the typical cursor properties and methods

oCell.getText.insertTextContent( oCell, oImage, False )   ' RUNTIME ERROR 
Use correct css.text.XText interface for the table. The interface of the document and the table are not the same.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

In the meantime I have figured out what this iWantTheText() needs to be: simply nothing.
Xray showed me that the table cell itself has an insertTextContent method.

oTable.getCellByPosition(0,0).insertTextContent(oCursor,oImage,False)
works for me.
But your method is really neat. I thought that the first parameter of insertTextContent must always be a cursor like object. But right, a table cell itself is good enough.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
hanya
Volunteer

Post by hanya »

If you use the X-ray, see interfaces. First arguments of insertTextContent method is always css.text.XTextRange interface. Interface is not clear if you use Basic or other script bridge implemented using css.script.XInvocation interface, but working with C++ or Java bridge it is clear.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04