New template for static calculations

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
calc4fem

New template for static calculations

Post by calc4fem »

How many civil engineers are there? And how many of them use the OpenOffice Calc with OpenOffice Basic?
I write the template "calc4fem"for frames, trusses and beams static calculation, and now I want to know your opinions about. May be somebody test it with me? Also you can write to me any requirements.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
tn@BeWo
Volunteer

Re: New template for static calculations

Post by tn@BeWo »

Nice idea. Do you plan to offer a possibillity to extract the numbers for the geometry of the construction from an OOo Drawing?
As for the maths, I won't be able to do an accurate review, at least not anytime soon. But even if it's reviewed in much detail, it'll still need a disclaimer to hold people using it for their construction wrongly and afterwards wondering why it collapsed from complaining or worse.
OOo 3.2.1 on ubuntu 10.4, MsWXP, MsW2k
calc4fem

Re: New template for static calculations

Post by calc4fem »

tn@BeWo wrote: Do you plan to offer a possibillity to extract the numbers for the geometry of the construction from an OOo Drawing?
Thank you.
It's not a main task for me now. Calc4fem is only the half-finished template, for engineering creations. I'm going to complete some user functions, to work by the next scheme

http://calc4fem.narod.ru/scheme_of_use.png

An engineer can make your own spreadsheets with the template (for example “crane beam check”, or “parametric triangle truss calculation”, etc.)
This code converts the data to the .rwi format for FrameWork freeware. It is a good program, it also works on Linux with winehq.org.
I think - it's unfair, that is so many engineering spreadsheets for Excel and so few for OOoCalc
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04