[Issue] Border missing around document

Discuss the word processor
Tongy

[Issue] Border missing around document

Post by Tongy »

Hi,

I hope that someone out there can help me.

I have a document that I have been asked to print out which was created in Word 2003. It is of a festive nature and has a Holly border around it. However when it is sent to me and I open it with Openoffice 3.1 Writer the border is missing altogether. The system in Vista Basic (brand new install) and OoO 3.1 (very lastest version.

I have emailed it to someone else with MS office and it shows up perfectly for them.

What is Openoffice missing that it won't allow me to see/print this border around it... and more specifically how do I put it in. Is the Holly clipart missing or something?

Help!

Regards,
Andrew
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Issue (link to a bug report).
Openoffice 3.1 on XP, Vista and 7
acknak

Re: Border missing around document

Post by acknak »

OOo does not provide any page borders beside plain, straight lines.

You can add a border as an image or vector graphic, but you have to make your own. I expect that the Word borders are not available except with MS Word; I don't know if there may be similar ones around the 'Net.

For more info, including an issue for this, see: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =6&t=22401

Here's a thread with an example (in Draw) and a link to another (in Writer): http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 11&t=19771
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Could they send it to you as a PDF?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

If you just need to print the document, you could try the MS Office Word Viewer 2003.

View or print Word documents without Word
Tongy

Post by Tongy »

Hi,

thanks for the replies!

OK, I've tried it with Word viewer and it's still straight lined borders. Which was strange.

I've sent it to someone I know with Word 2007 and got them to conver to pdf so it looks like I got around the problem, shame that this is one of the few shortfalls of OoO... great product and I use it all the time.

Tongy
Openoffice 3.1 on XP, Vista and 7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can vote for that feature (up to 2 votes per issue): [Issue] Halloween Border (Issue 24923).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10