[Solved] About New Math Input Panel in Win 7 and OpenOffice

Discuss the formula editor
mathk

[Solved] About New Math Input Panel in Win 7 and OpenOffice

Post by mathk »

Dear all,

I just got an new tablet PC with Win 7. The math input panel inside is really powerful and it supports mathml.
The problem is I can't make it works with Openoffice.
I've tried to use Inlage clipboard utility but I can only get the Latex codes are not working with OOo with only modified MathML support.
Who can provide me any suggestion?
thanks a lot.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: About New Math Input Panel in Win 7 and Openoffiec

Post by Robert Tucker »

If you installed OOoLatex you could paste the LaTeX formulas into that. A procedure that should also work if you create LaTeX formulas using MathType, LyX or Texmaker or...
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
zee

Post by zee »

Hello,

I'm the developer of Inlage and I got a request to make a choice in the Inlage CU, so that you can get the MathML ouput for OpenOffice, too!

Download (and register) the latest version at:
http://www.inlage.com/download.php

Thanks!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

zee wrote:... so that you can get the MathML ouput for OpenOffice, too!
Could you explain that a little more please? As I understand it, one can only insert MathML into OpenOffice by editing the content.xml file after unzipping the .odt. Also I cannot see how to get MathML code out of Inlage.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

Villeroy wrote:It translates "live" to LaTeX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gxrskBL ... r_embedded
Klar. But where's the MathML and how do you get it into OpenOffice without unzipping the .odt and so on?
zee

Post by zee »

I don't know how to insert MathML into OpenOffice because I don't use it. I thought you meant the same thing like an email I got:
Finally, is it possible to get the original mathml code in your tool(like the clipboard utility) ? it would be helpful for those openoffice user.
If you install Inlage, it will install a second executable named InlageCU. There you can choose between MathML and LaTeX.
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

zee wrote:If you install Inlage, it will install a second executable named InlageCU. There you can choose between MathML and LaTeX.
Thank you for your reply.

InlageCU as far as I can see only displays the LaTeX.

From what I've currently experienced, it seems to me it is only possible to enter the MathML from Math Input Panel into specific programs where the formula is displayed (like MS Word, and since I don't use it I've not been able to try it) but there's no way of getting the actual MathML code into say Notepad.
zee

Post by zee »

InlageCU as far as I can see only displays the LaTeX.
hmm, no! Download the latest version....
mathml.jpg
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

zee wrote:hmm, no! Download the latest version....
Thanks again. Must have missed the new version by just a few hours.
mathk

Post by mathk »

zee wrote:Hello,

I'm the developer of Inlage and I got a request to make a choice in the Inlage CU, so that you can get the MathML ouput for OpenOffice, too!

Download (and register) the latest version at:
http://www.inlage.com/download.php

Thanks!
Thanks very much.
I'm also the person who requested.
I'll try it asap.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
michaelhoffman

Post by michaelhoffman »

Hi Math,
What I have found that many people who are using Windows 7 are facing problems one way or the another. I think the programme is not as success as to the earlier ones. You can try to sort out your problem by installing any other window. If the problem still continues then it's not the problem with windows. The problem you had was a month back. No idea about the problem still persisting or not. The neighbour of my previous address is a computer genius. I will try to contact him. This whole week I would be a bit busy. You need to wait for me until next week. If he can solve out your query, I will definitely approach you. Cheers.
bluetooth headset
zee

Post by zee »

Hello, I fixed my tool to simply working with Inlage Clipboard Utility and Open Office:

http://www.inlage.com/blog/?p=87
mathk

Post by mathk »

zee wrote:Hello, I fixed my tool to simply working with Inlage Clipboard Utility and Open Office:

http://www.inlage.com/blog/?p=87
thx for updating it while i was too busy to try it.
Stampede

Post by Stampede »

michaelhoffman wrote:Hi Math,
What I have found that many people who are using Windows 7 are facing problems one way or the another. I think the programme is not as success as to the earlier ones. You can try to sort out your problem by installing any other window. If the problem still continues then it's not the problem with windows. The problem you had was a month back. No idea about the problem still persisting or not. The neighbour of my previous address is a computer genius. I will try to contact him. This whole week I would be a bit busy. You need to wait for me until next week. If he can solve out your query, I will definitely approach you. Cheers.
I think installing soon to be outdated windows versions in preference of 7 just to address this problem isn't convenient for most users.

The new update of Math seems to fix this issue with tablets, as I had it too but now it's fine after the update.