[Solved] Error Wrong OS or OS version for application

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
susanwilusz

[Solved] Error Wrong OS or OS version for application

Post by susanwilusz »

Get ERROR Wrong OS or OS version for application when attempting to install openofficeorg. I have OS windows XP professional. I downloading to a jumpdrive the windows version of openoffice. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Error Wrong OS or OS version for application

Post by thomasjk »

Make sure you are downloading from here http://download.openoffice.org/2.3.1/index.html. Click on the Greenbar and on the next page Click Windows. Uncheck the box that says "Include the Java JRE with this download". If you want to run it from the jump drive then go to http://www.portableapps.com and download the version for Windows found there.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Yes, use the version from PortableApps. Unless the standard version of a program is designed to be portable, it has to have some adjustments made before it can run on a portable drive. I use the PortableApps version daily, and can vouch for its stability and quality. (I know that at least one or two other places offer a portable version of OOo, but this one is the best.)

John T. Haller is the guy who runs the PortableApps site and is responsible for converting new versions to portable format. He's usually responsive, normally able to release a new portable version within a couple of weeks of the program's general release.

There is a support forum for the portable version too:
http://portableapps.com/forums/support/ ... e_portable

John would like members to limit questions there to issues specific to running the portable software. For questions about using the software itself, this OOo Community forum is the right place to ask.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
tweedledee26

Post by tweedledee26 »

I have windows xp sp2. I keep getting wrong os error when trying to install openoffice. Please help.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Could you give us the name of the file you've downloaded?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Go to OpenOffice.org download. In the Windows Column of the table, click the download link next to the language you choose.