Spanish spellchecker (Argentina)

Discuss the word processor
trumario

Spanish spellchecker (Argentina)

Post by trumario »

Neither the Spanish dictionary or auto spell checker work !...
I have gone to Extensions and downloaded more than the necessary extensions. There are great flaws which should be addressed
by those who install these extensions for download.. If anyone has a properly functioning Spanish, auto spell checker and dictionary...
please let me know. I take it for granted that you would be fluent plus in Spanish. This has been asked before and the answers I have seen have not been satisfactory !
Words to test in Spanish: children, years, eyelashes, this way, Spain, dream. That should give you an inkling , see if spell checker is functioning. You need to know the proper spelling of above words in Spanish...of course.
Sincere regards and looking forward to your help,
Mark
open office 3.1/on windows xp
Hagar Delest

Re: spanish spellchecker (argentina)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please check that one: [Troubleshooting] Spell check in OOo 3.x and tell us what's wrong.

NB: don't use the green tick mark for the topic icon, it's for solved questions. I've removed it.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RGB

Re: Spanish spellchecker (Argentina)

Post by RGB »

On the Spanish forums you have the "guía de corrección ortográfica (y gramatical)".
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
trumario

Post by trumario »

RGB wrote:On the Spanish forums you have the "guía de corrección ortográfica (y gramatical)".
Thank you:
I have " corrección ortográfica (y gramatical)". Does it work for you?
Mark
open office 3.1/on windows xp
RGB

Post by RGB »

trumario wrote:
RGB wrote:On the Spanish forums you have the "guía de corrección ortográfica (y gramatical)".
Thank you:
I have " corrección ortográfica (y gramatical)". Does it work for you?
Mark
I wrote the guide, it must work for me! ;)
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
2utter

Post by 2utter »

If you want your spelling to be checked in Spanish, choose Spanish (Spain), because spelling in other forms of Spanish is not checked.
OpenOffice.org 3.3 Windows 7