[Solved] Page number and tabbing

Discuss the spreadsheet application
56oldbrown

[Solved] Page number and tabbing

Post by 56oldbrown »

Hi I am new to OpenOffice and I am struggling a bit with a couple of things and hope someone can help me.
1. I am putting a spreadsheet together and would like to put a page numbers into a cell and not on the header, can this be done?
2.In the same spreadsheet, I would like the user to be able to tab to the required cell in order, how would I do this?
I am a relative newbie to this sort of thing so any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve :D
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice Version 4.1.7 - Operating system - macOS Catalina version 10.15
RusselB

Re: Page number and tabbing

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
1) While I can't think of a way to get the page numbers into a cell, since they appear to be generated by the printing process, there might be another option that we could suggest if we knew why you wanted the page number in a cell?
Normally the information that goes into cells is related to other calculations in that spreadsheet...possibly other spreadsheets that are linked to that one.
2) You can protect your document, which would prevent a user from altering cells that you don't want them to alter (eg: a calculation based on a certain input).
Look in the Help file, under the Index tab, using "protected contents" (without the quotation marks) in the Search term box.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
56oldbrown

Post by 56oldbrown »

It is a document used for import/export of products and the original version that I am reproducing has a cell that has the page number in it, I guess it is so the receiver knows how many pages are included in the document. I hope that makes sense.
Thanks
Steve
56oldbrown

Post by 56oldbrown »

I found by protecting the cells the tab problem I had works for this document. Thanks for your help
Steve
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Regarding the Page Count, I found that it is available through File -> Properties -> Statistics.
Noting that, I did a search of the forum for other topics regarding File -> Properties and found quite a few, most of which I could eliminate from the summary information.
The few that did seem relative basically boil down to the fact that a macro would be required.
My knowledge of macros is not that extensive, so I will defer this to another helper with more experience in that area.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
coray80
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Page number and tabbing

Post by coray80 »

Code: Select all

=SHEET()
will give the the sheet number if that's what your looking for
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
If your question has been answered please add [solved] to the title by using the edit button at your first post
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Page number and tabbing

Post by Zizi64 »

=SHEET()

will give the the sheet number if that's what your looking for
The Sheet number and the Page number are different things.
The Page number works automatically in the header or the footer, but you must handle manually the page numbers in the cells.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.