[Solved] Scroll with a highlighted row

Discuss the spreadsheet application
manoman

[Solved] Scroll with a highlighted row

Post by manoman »

I have a large spreadsheet that I want to frequently check row by row. It would be very helpful to highlight a row by choosing a background color or by selecting the row header, and scroll the colored row up or down thru the spreadsheet. Can that be done?

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Libre Office 7.0.4.2 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: SCROLL WITH A HIGHLIGHTED ROW

Post by Zizi64 »

Here is some macros to highlight te focused row:

viewtopic.php?t=43531
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
manoman

Post by manoman »

Thanks for your help, but that post is too difficult for me to follow. I can't even tell if it is about my question or not. To clarify, a better way to state my question is, is there a simple way I can highlight a row (color does not matter), and then press the up or down arrows on my keyboard to move the highlighted row up or down thru the row numbers of my spreadsheet?

I understand that clicking on the row number will highlight a row, but if I then press an up or down arrow, the highlighting disappears, so that does not do what I want.

Thanks again for your help.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

How to freeze headers:
Select the cell below the headers and call menu:Window>Freeze
This freezes the rows above the active cell (if any) and the columns left of the active cell (if any).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

manoman wrote: have a large spreadsheet that I want to frequently check row by row. It would be very helpful to highlight a row by choosing a background color or by selecting the row header, and scroll the colored row up or down thru the spreadsheet.
Select cell A2 then use Window → Split (not Freeze). You now have two panes, a single row in the top one, many rows in the bottom one. Click in the top pane and scroll to the desired reference row. Click in the bottom pane and scroll up/down to view other rows so you can compare them to the reference row. Uncheck Window → Split when you are done. It may be difficult to scroll the tiny top pane with the scroll bar but you can use the arrow keys or the Name Box (at the left in the Formula Bar).

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
manoman

Re: Scroll with a highlighted row

Post by manoman »

MrProgrammer:
That works fairly well, thanks. If it is not possible to simply move a colored row about in the spreadsheet, I will definitely follow your suggestion.

Thanks again.