Andropenoffice calc problem

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
insconsultant

Andropenoffice calc problem

Post by insconsultant »

I use OO on my Windows computers, but have to use Andropenoffice app on my android tablet. Recently, on the tablet, every time I open a previously created sheet it opens in Read Only mode. How can I stop this from happening?
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 10 64bit
RusselB

Re: Andropenoffice calc problem

Post by RusselB »

Are you sure you closed off the app properly when you were done working with the file previously?
Normally a file opening in Read Only mode means that there is a $lock file for that document in the folder, which is the file created by OpenOffice to prevent simultaneous editing of a single file.
However, as your problem is on the tablet, I don't know how (of if) you can check the storage for a $lock file.
I know that I can't do it on my tablet, as I just tried after reading your post.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
insconsultant

Post by insconsultant »

Thank you. I believe that you are correct in that previous closure was probably not performed. I will have to ensure that I do that. Yes, the Slock file does not appear at all in the directory, on the tablet. Apparently saving the file & turning off the tablet is not sufficient.
I should say that this problem only started a few weeks ago, and I have not changed how I do things, so perhaps this is partially related to an update to the Andropenoffice app.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I can't answer for the Andropenoffice app, as I hate tablets, but I remind you that the building of an OpenOffice file takes a little longer than building a flat file, and the problem you experience may be due to over-hasty power off of your computer after saving the file. Try waiting a few seconds after saving the file for the background writes to finish, before commencing the shut-down of the tablet.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
insconsultant

Post by insconsultant »

OK. I had not realized that could be a problem. Yes, I was just saving & "click" powered off.