List the results of a query

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Marck_97

List the results of a query

Post by Marck_97 »

Hello to everyone,
I want to know if is possible to output the results of a "query" as a list, I will put this immage as example.
Here I want to search for the value "1" in the "B" retangle, When I found it, the sheet must write the target name in the "A" box by writing it in a list.
It is possible ? and if so, how I can do it ?
I ask this because my query will target a lot of values and I need to see all the results in a single page.
Tnx for the attention and cheers!
Marck
Attachments
Cattura x openoffice.PNG
Open office 4.1.6
FJCC

Re: List the results of a query

Post by FJCC »

You can do something similar to this simply using the menu Data -> Filter -> Standard Filter. It would be a little simpler if you had column headers in region B, so let's say the two columns are labeled Name and Value. Click on the header Name and select the menu Data -> Filter -> Standard Filter. Set Field Name to Value, Condition to = and Value to 1. Click More Options, click on Copy Results To and choose a target cell. Click OK and the rows with Value = 1 will be transferred to the chosen location.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Marck_97

Re: List the results of a query

Post by Marck_97 »

FJCC wrote:You can do something similar to this simply using the menu Data -> Filter -> Standard Filter. It would be a little simpler if you had column headers in region B, so let's say the two columns are labeled Name and Value. Click on the header Name and select the menu Data -> Filter -> Standard Filter. Set Field Name to Value, Condition to = and Value to 1. Click More Options, click on Copy Results To and choose a target cell. Click OK and the rows with Value = 1 will be transferred to the chosen location.
Tnx for the fast reply sir and sorry if I write back now,
I tried ur method and it works quite well, my only problem is that these "filtering" should be automated.
I mean, each 10 seconds I need to filter out these informations and write them in a list .
there is a way to do this?
Still tnx for the reply between and while waitin for another answer,
I wish u best.
Cheers, Marck
Open office 4.1.6