[Solved] Calculate incremental values between two numbers

Discuss the spreadsheet application
PeterA

[Solved] Calculate incremental values between two numbers

Post by PeterA »

I have a column that about half way down has the value 12.99 in it (position 18 down) then a little further down I have 12.01 (position 24).

Is it possible to make it fill in the blank boxes between those two numbers.

Then additionally how do I then go upwards from that position no18 upward to box 1, also having it calculate incremental values. And again from position 24 down to where ever I want it to stop?
Attachments
open office calc.JPG
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Windows 10, Open office 4.1.6
robleyd

Re: How do I make it calculate incremental values between tw

Post by robleyd »

Did you look at Data | Fill ? I think that’s the menu item as I don’t have access to AOO on this iPad.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
PeterA

Post by PeterA »

No I have not, I will take a look, and do some more googling.

The thing is that I don't really know what it is called that I want to do. So it's hard to search for it.
Windows 10, Open office 4.1.6
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

PeterA wrote:I have a column that about half way down has the value 12.99 in it (position 18 down) then a little further down I have 12.01 (position 24). Is it possible to make it fill in the blank boxes between those two numbers.
Put formula =FORECAST(ROW();{12.99|12.01};{18|24}) in your cells. If you then want numbers in the cells, instead of formulas, use Edit → Copy → Edit → Paste Special → Numbers or run Text to Columns (see Q25/A25).
PeterA wrote:The thing is that I don't really know what it is called that I want to do. So it's hard to search for it.
You want Linear Interpolation, which FORECAST can calculate.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).