[Solved] Pasting hyperlinks – Font problem

Discuss the spreadsheet application
CraigG58

[Solved] Pasting hyperlinks – Font problem

Post by CraigG58 »

I have a spreadsheet with one column containing Internet hyperlinks (which I need to be clickable), and paste URLs into its cells after copying them from my web browser.

The entire column is pre-formatted as an Arial 8 font, and I've also got the “Tools > Options > OpenOffice > Fonts” dialog “Font settings for HTML” set to the same font and size. But, when do a simple paste or a “paste special” as “HTML format”, the font size for that cell is always increased to 10 by Calc, requiring me to go back and re-format it. I haven't been able to find any other setting that may control this.

If I "paste special" as “Unformatted text”, that works as expected using in the correct font formatting I've set, but of course no active hyperlink.

Where am I going wrong here? Thanks in advance for any help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Pasting hyperlinks – Font problem

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Instead of pasting the URL directly into a cell, try Insert>Hyperlink and pasting the URL into the Target field of the dialog.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
CraigG58

Re: Pasting hyperlinks – Font problem

Post by CraigG58 »

Sorry, was premature with that last response. The entire column wasn't re-formatted back to the correct size font after the previous mishaps I'd described...

After reformatting it back to Arial 8, then performing the paste as you suggested, it works perfectly. Thanks mucho for the suggestion, problem fixed!