[Solved] About subtraction

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Enterprise24

[Solved] About subtraction

Post by Enterprise24 »

In google spreadsheet I want to substract B2-B1 , B3-B2 , B4-B3 and so on but my data contain more than 5000 rows. I know about dragging corner but it is not practical. Can you please help me ?
Last edited by Enterprise24 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 64 bit 1607 (OS build 14393.2214)
FJCC

Re: About subtraction

Post by FJCC »

If you are really asking about google spreadsheets, it would be better to ask in a forum dedicated to that. I have never used that but try double clicking on the handle in the lower right corner of the cell. If your formula is in the column C, that would, in OpenOffice, fill the formula down as far as column B is filled.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

Enterprise24 wrote:In google spreadsheet I want to substract B2-B1 , B3-B2 , B4-B3 and so on but my data contain more than 5000 rows. I know about dragging corner but it is not practical. Can you please help me ?
While I canNOT about a google spreadsheet, since, this is an OpenOffice / LibreOffice forum, please see my (
Sliderule ) post in the link below.

http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... 24#p408724

Explanation: You of course will have to change the range of cells to meet your specific needs.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
Enterprise24

Post by Enterprise24 »

I am really sorry to ask in the wrong place but double clicking on lower right corner just work !! Thank you very much.
@Sliderule I can't find Edit -> Fill in google spreadsheet but nevermind double clicking just work anyway. Thanks you also for trying to help me.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10 64 bit 1607 (OS build 14393.2214)