Why is it printing the whole file?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
thaX

Why is it printing the whole file?

Post by thaX »

Seems with the latest update, the print ranges can no longer just print the tab that the user is in (Sheet?), but instead prints the whole thing, and never gives the print box to give the user the ability to choose which pages to print.

Now I have to press control on the tab and "P" and hope it doesn't starting printing the whole file instead of just what is in the tab.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
FJCC

Re: Why is it printing the whole file?

Post by FJCC »

Go to the menu Tools -> Options and expand the OpenOffice Calc list on the left. Choose Print and select Print Only Selected Sheets. Does that do what you want?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

...and you can adjust the cell range to print inside a Sheet:

Format - Print ranges - Edit

Maybe the default values of these settings have changed in the newest version.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
thaX

Post by thaX »

None of that is working as I try it. The only way is to hover the curser over the tab, then pressing cntl and P, and the print box comes up with the pages I want to print. (assuming I hovered over the right tab, I guess.)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

None of that is working as I try it. The only way is to hover the curser over the tab, then pressing cntl and P, and the print box comes up with the pages I want to print. (assuming I hovered over the right tab, I guess.)
The working methods of the shortcut keys and the relevant menu items can be different. Use the menu items.

Or try to reset the user profile, and then check the suggested settigs again.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.