Problem with .ods file. File date went back 2 months

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dumpie_n

Problem with .ods file. File date went back 2 months

Post by dumpie_n »

Hello there. I have an .ods file which I use to list a flight schedule by date and time. I use it a lot of times during the day to edit the information. Today for some reason after some time I couldnt add/delete or edit information and the program mentioned that its a read only file. After I closed and reopened the file, the data of the previous 2 months were gone and the file appeared in the state of 2 months ago. How can this be happening and how can I retrieve these lost data? Thank you in advance
OpenOffice 4.1.4, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
RoryOF

Re: Problem with .ods file. File date went back 2 months

Post by RoryOF »

You may be able to recover a previous version of the file - see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file ;

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS