[Solved] Origin of a Hyperlink within Calc

Discuss the spreadsheet application
wfjones1572

[Solved] Origin of a Hyperlink within Calc

Post by wfjones1572 »

Is it possible for the hyperlink target to return to the sheet containing the hyperlink?
Last edited by wfjones1572 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William F Jones OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Origin of a Hyperlink within Calc

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Are you talking about a hyperlink that was made using the HYPERLINK function? If so, then yes... either leave the 2nd parameter blank, or use the sheet name as the second parameter.
If you aren't talking about that method, then what method was used to create the hyperlink?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
wfjones1572

Post by wfjones1572 »

I'm Talking about the hyperlink function. I have hyperlinks in multiple sheets targeting the same sheet. How can I tell which sheet executed the hyperlink?
William F Jones OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Use the 2nd parameter to specify where the link is coming from. You might be able to use the CELL function to return the sheet name as the 2nd parameter
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

No link target already activated will know about the object that containd the link. In addition a cell containing a link will not even be selected if the link's anchor is clicked on, and I don't know an event that would be thrown on the occasion. Therefore I don't think there is a way to achieve what the OQ wants.

However, there is the alternative to use a control instead of a cell with a formula to trigger the jump to the target. You would have to write a bit of custom code. To give access to the source for an eventual backjump you can create a global variable per target getting assigned the control most recently having triggered a jump to the target.

===EDIT===
Considering what the OQ basically aims at I come to the conclusion he might want to go back to the sheet in which the link was activated.
That's similar to what I often want independent of the document class: Whether I go elswhere via a link or in another way I can choose to call a Sub making the Basic IDE remember the current selection. Later I may choose to set this old selection anew by calling another Sub. VERY simple if I restrict the feature to just one document per session. The mentioned Sub are accesible via two sensitive areas added to my Standard toolbar.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München