Show only integers, whole numbers without rounding

Discuss the spreadsheet application
szkodnik2103

Show only integers, whole numbers without rounding

Post by szkodnik2103 »

Hi guys,

I am quite new in openoffice world but so far i was handle to do everything by my self. Now im struggling with some problem about numbers. I would like to make simple mathematical operation between two cells. In one of them(e.g. A1) i want to keep my account balance and the other one (A2) i want to keep price of some item. I would like to calculate how many items i can get (in A3 cell). Let's say that item is TV or PS4 or whatever you can't divide. If im gonna divide A1/A2 im gonna get number of items i can buy. But if my A1 is 1366,2 and A2 is 10 the result of that calculation in A3 would be 136,62. Even if i change decimal places to 0 it gonna round up my calculation and shows me 137. And there is my question. How to show only full numbers without rounding them up. I want to get 136 in A3 cell.

Im sorry for my English and i hope that some of you gonna understand my goal. I would appreciate all provided help. Thank you
OpenOffice 6.2.2.2 on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Show only integers, whole numbers without rounding

Post by FJCC »

Try a formula like

Code: Select all

=FLOOR(A1/A2;1)
If you ever need to use FLOOR with negative numbers, check out the Help since there are two ways the answer can be calculated.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Re: Show only integers, whole numbers without rounding

Post by MrProgrammer »

szkodnik2103 wrote:In one of them(e.g. A1) i want to keep my account balance and the other one (A2) i want to keep price of some item. I would like to calculate how many items i can get (in A3 cell).
OpenOffice Help wrote:QUOTIENT(Numerator; Denominator)
Returns the integer part of Numerator divided by Denominator.
In cell A3: =QUOTIENT(A1;A2)

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).