Live Spreadsheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dctazz

Live Spreadsheet

Post by dctazz »

Hello. My company uses OpenOffice, and I am trying to find out if there is a way to set up a spreadsheet like on google sheets that can be real time live input from people at several locations.....
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows
RoryOF

Re: Live Spreadsheet

Post by RoryOF »

No. OpenOffice Calc cannot tell the different users what changes have been made by others.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
AOOisdead
Banned

Post by AOOisdead »

Libreoffice Online does this: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/li ... ce-online/

You can get it set up by purchasing directly from the developer Collabora, or install Nextcloud, or use a Nextcloud provider that offers Libreoffice Online built in.

You'll be able to have Google Sheets functionality using ODF file formats and privacy, without using Google Sheets or Microsoft.

I recommend your organization move to Libreoffice. The people on this forum willfully ignore that it exists and end up pushing people looking for help to proprietary solutions because they don't like that there is a superior Open Source software out there.
Libreoffice 6.2.2
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

AOOisdead wrote:Libreoffice Online does this: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/li ... ce-online/

You can get it set up by purchasing directly from the developer Collabora, or install Nextcloud, or use a Nextcloud provider that offers Libreoffice Online built in.

You'll be able to have Google Sheets functionality using ODF file formats and privacy, without using Google Sheets or Microsoft.

I recommend your organization move to Libreoffice. The people on this forum willfully ignore that it exists and end up pushing people looking for help to proprietary solutions because they don't like that there is a superior Open Source software out there.
This forum is primarily for the Open Source software that is Apache OpenOffice, however, we have never (or at least in my time on this forum) pushed people to use a proprietary solution (eg: Microsoft Excel) when an Open Source program exists.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
AOOisdead
Banned

Post by AOOisdead »

Willfully omitting a solution, as is often the case in replies to issues people have when working with Open Office, is the equivalent to communicating that no solution exists. The default is Google Drive or Microsoft Office, as they are the most popular. If someone is using Open Office, they likely don't know about updated FOSS software that exists in alternate. If you just say "AOO can't do this.", you are saying "use your alternative." In this case, the poster only knows Google Sheets and will likely use this instead.
Libreoffice 6.2.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Your logic is faulty and your posting arrogant.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS