[Solved] Confine Selected to One Page

Discuss the spreadsheet application
AOOUzr007

[Solved] Confine Selected to One Page

Post by AOOUzr007 »

My apologies if this has already been addressed - I've looked around for discussions covering my issue...but perhaps I am not using the right terminology in order to get the wanted results.

My O/S is MS Window 10 and I've been using OpenOffice off and on for several years - I used to use MS Works until MS decided to stop including it in the O/S. So at the moment, I do not know if Windows 10 is the issue or if operator error is the issue since I've never tried (never needed) to print anything created in OpenOffice - until now.

I cannot remember the exact steps now in MS Works, but the area of the spreadsheet that you wanted printed on ONE sheet could be selected, and all of the selection would be printed. I cannot figure out how to do that in OpenOffice.

The spreadsheet that I need printed all on one page contains the same number of columns and rows and is composed with the same fonts and font sizes in OpenOffice as I had in MS Works, so it seems to me the spreadsheet could (should) be printed on one sheet - landscape orientation. Also, as I did in MS Works, I make the columns a narrow as possible to ensure fit to one page. But when I look at page preview after applying what I have apparently mistaken as the tool for selecting the desired print area, the spreadsheet is split across two pages.

How do I print what I want and confine it to only one page in it's entirety? :crazy:
Image1.jpg
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1
Window 10
FJCC

Re: Confine Selected to One Page

Post by FJCC »

You can set a print range by selecting the cells and using the menu Format -> Print Ranges -> Define.
You can set the number of pages on which to print by selecting the menu Format -> Page, choosing the Sheet tab, and changing the setting in the Scale section at the bottom of the dialog.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

That looks like a huge print range and it deserves to be printed in landscape orientation.

Set the print range as advised by FJCC. Now any content outside that range won't be included when printing.

Call the stylist window by hitting F11 or choosing the second tool on the side bar.
Get the page styles by hitting the second push button in the stylist window.
Right-click on the background, New...
Give a name to the new style, say "Landscape" and set its page orientation to landscape.

Select the sheet in question and double-click the new style. Now you have all page attributes of "Landscape" applied to the active sheet without affecting other sheets.
If you wanted to format all pages like this, you could have simply modified the default page style instead of creating a new one.

Switch to menu:View>Page Preview... and drag the blue borders to adjust the print page.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Something else you might want to look into, is the Scaling Mode setting through File -> Page Preview -> Format Page -> Sheet -> Scale
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
AOOUzr007

Post by AOOUzr007 »

My apologies for just getting back to this thread.

Thanks to everyone who responded to help me with the issue. I am not a heavy user of the AOO spreadsheets and so my skill level falls in the novice category. FJCC's reply was pretty simple, straight forward, and I had no trouble in fixing the spreadsheet as I wanted it.

I may check out the other suggestions at another time.

I appreciate everyone's input...Thanks! :super:
Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1
Window 10