Formula error

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Dhanaraj

Formula error

Post by Dhanaraj »

=MAX(INDEX('machine work data'.!$C$2:$C$13>0)*('machine work data'.!$B$2:$B$13='machine work data'.!A2)*('machine work data'.!$A$2:$A$13),,)
Giving Err : 509
Open office 6.2 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Formula error

Post by Villeroy »

Remove the exclamation mark from machine work data'.!$C$2:$C$13
'machine work data'.$C$2:$C$13 references absolute C2:C12 on sheet 'machine work data'
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RusselB

Re: Formula error

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
This appears to be an Excel formula, or maybe LibreOffice, but not OpenOffice. I can tell that due to the usage of the commas as the parameter separators.
Are you using OpenOffice, as the name in your signature states, or LibreOffice, as the version number in your signature suggests?
In either case your formula is wrong for many reasons.
You appear to be looking for the maximum of some numbers, but the only "number" (can't say for sure as I have no data to work with), comes from the first INDEX.
You have a comparator (the > sign) in the INDEX function... which is, either not allowed (as I suspect), or something I've never seen before.
You also seem to want to do INDEX lookups for the second and third entries used in the first parameter, but you don't have the INDEX functions specified.
Also your INDEX function is missing parameters.
Finally, at this point at least, your MAX function is getting NULL entries from the last two parameters, which are separated by commas, but not specified.
On a side note, in OpenOffice (not sure about LibreOffice), when using a sheet name that contains spaces, that sheet name has to be enclosed in double quotes (") not single (')
If you want further help, please clarify what it is you are trying to do, and attach a sample of your spreadsheet, including some valid, but dummy data.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.