[Solved] OpenDocument Spreadsheet

Discuss the spreadsheet application

[Solved] OpenDocument Spreadsheet

Postby Gary Lee » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm

I had a power problem. OpenOffice went to recovery. I must have done something wrong, because now when I try to load file it will load but the Icon "Backup" is not on. The file says OpenDocument Spreadsheet. sometimes it say or will not load at all if it is .ods file.

Thank you,
Gary Lee
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.0.1 Windows ver 10
Gary Lee

Re: OpenDocument Spreadsheet

Postby Gary Lee » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:04 am

The files seem to be Locked w/the notation ie FinalTax19.xls OpenDocument Spreadsheet.Once I save the file some times if I use the Icon to save it seems. save the file, but not be able to reload. Sometimes the file has like -lockfinal19.xls

I need some help or I am going loose some files ie Tax files. I need to do something to unlock the files If I update the OpenOffice 4.0.1 would the allow the files to be read?
Sorry to be getting in a panic I am letting my computer run to night with the file open. I don't know how to close without being able to reopen. Hope we don't have a power failure.
Thanks, Gary
Gary Lee

Postby John_Ha » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 pm

1. Stop AOO
2. Switch on Show hidden files - google for how
3. Go to the folder where the file is located. Delete all files named .~lock.fred.ods# and similar.
4. Reboot
5. If all else fails copy fred.ods to copy_of_fred.ods and open it or see [Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file (is there something similar on MacOS and Linux?);

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted. This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.
AOO 4.1.6, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby Gary Lee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:56 am

recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

I used the AutoRecovery and got all the files I messed up and they are all working as of now!

Thank you so very much!!!!

Gary Lee
Gary Lee

Return to Calc