[Solved] Amount to appear in a column when I type a word in

Discuss the spreadsheet application
DubDar

[Solved] Amount to appear in a column when I type a word in

Post by DubDar »

I have spent the morning trying to figure out how to do this. I admit that my thinking is stuck on using IF. I have also explored conditions. Something simpler might be more appropriate. Searches have taught me a lot but I haven't had the results by using what I have learned. Certainly this is done all the time and the solution will embarrass me.

I want to type a word in a column that describes a work type. Depending on which of the 3 words that I type, I would like defined cost of the service to appear in another column and the defined cost of materials in another column.

eg. Build = 15, 10
Replace = 10, 5
Inspect = 5, 1
Last edited by DubDar on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6. Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: I want an amount to appear in a column when I type a wor

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
DubDar wrote:I want to type a word in a column that describes a work type. Depending on which of the 3 words that I type, I would like defined cost of the service to appear in another column and the defined cost of materials in another column.
[Tutorial] VLOOKUP questions and answers

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
DubDar

Re: Solved amount to appear in a column when I type a word i

Post by DubDar »

That did it. Didn't see any mention of VLOOKUP in help or in searches.
Many Thanks!
OpenOffice 4.1.6. Windows 10