Advice /guidance on making a graph from range of numbers

Discuss the spreadsheet application
phillmobile

Advice /guidance on making a graph from range of numbers

Post by phillmobile »

Hi this is my first post

I want to see if any one had any guidance for me on how to make achart / graph with data from the 2 rows in my data file to make it look like or similar to the traffic images enclosed

For example the users 10100 and 10101 would have a line linking them to 21000and uses 10200, 10201 would have a line linking to 22000 so the information on the sheet can be visually represented.

the images are from some radio decoding software but the numbers i am trying to make in to a graph are for a different type or radio system and wont work on the software that makes the charts.

I will attempt to make the file work on the old software but cant do that until later in the weekend.

Thanks if you can help i have looked and read about it but maybe i am looking in the wrong place or maybe it just can not be done

Phill H, UK
Attachments
traffic.png
traffic.png (7.26 KiB) Viewed 611 times
data.ods
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
0191_ALL_traffic_181023_165657.png
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Advice /guidance on making a graph from range of numbers

Post by John_Ha »

It cannot be done with Calc. See the manual for all charting options.

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
phillmobile wrote: the numbers i am trying to make in to a graph are for a different type or radio system and wont work on the software that makes the charts.
Can you change the numbers so they do work?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Can you upload data range of the "graph" here?

You can display the points if you calculate the points of a circle in a helper table. But displaying the lines will be more difficult. It is depend on the data structure of the graph...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

I am with John_Ha. It cannot be done in Calc.
You need a more sophisticated graphing package and probably a better data handling one as well.
You might want to have a look at Octave.

What is the source of those images? It looks to me as if they have been created with something like Gnuplot. The layout and printing has a Gnuplot look to it. I think that Matlab, Octave and Python all use Gnuplot as their graphics module so this seems likely.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04