Remove Duplicates

Discuss the spreadsheet application
ThomasH

Remove Duplicates

Post by ThomasH »

I have looked at the following threads already looking for a solution to this problem:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5379

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... icate_Rows

In Excel there's a simple way to just select a row, click "remove duplicates" in the main tool bar (by default) and then it asks if you want to include other columns with data as well.

I realize that this feature isn't available in OpenOffice but it seems pretty useful and I'm wondering if it is something on a dev timeline and where I would check that/influence when and if it ever gets built. I can't be the only one hoping that this gets built. These are the kind of things that are preventing wider adoption of OpenOffice over Excel.
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
RusselB

Re: Remove Duplicates

Post by RusselB »

First off, to the best of our knowledge, none of the developers visit these forums...or if they do, then they don't admit it on the forums.
Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
Please also note that your forum signature has an inconsistency. It shows OpenOffice 6.0.7.3, but the latest version of OpenOffice is 4.1.6
The latest version of LibreOffice, which is supported here, is 6.2.0
I suspect that your forum signature should read LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 (or more up-to-date).
For LibreOffice you should visit https://www.libreoffice.org/community/developers/ and follow the appropriate link(s)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
ThomasH

Re: Remove Duplicates

Post by ThomasH »

I made that change in my signature. Thanks!
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS