Setting Line Width As Default On All Sheets

Discuss the spreadsheet application
drewnmwyrt

Setting Line Width As Default On All Sheets

Post by drewnmwyrt »

Hi,

I've searched and can only find the option to specify line width/colour per sheet whilst editing, after having drawn the grey coloured line.. is there a way to set the default line width so that any new sheets, and all old ones, use the line width/colour I specify? This is for the line drawing tool, thanks in advance

To be ultra clear:

I want the draw line setting each time I open calc to be eg 0.01 black, instead of the 0.00 grey that is currently the default, so I never have to touch any of that again (if possible of course) :super:
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Setting Line Width As Default On All Sheets

Post by Zizi64 »

The Calc has not graphical styles. Is has cell styles and page styles only. Try to draw your lines in the Draw application, and then import or copy them into the Calc document.
The Draw application has graphical styles for the lines and other shapes.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
drewnmwyrt

Post by drewnmwyrt »

calc does have graphical styles, unless I'm getting the names of things wrong. Spreadsheet = I can select to draw lines
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on windows 10
cdorman2

Post by cdorman2 »

Could OO fix this? I don't know why someone would program in this default in the first place. Why would one not want one's lines to be visible when printed? Those who complain about this default setting online ask for the same thing: black, 0.01". Why would one put in anything else as a default? It just creates work for the user for no apparent reason.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on MacOS 10.12.6
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

calc does have graphical styles, unless I'm getting the names of things wrong. Spreadsheet = I can select to draw lines
The Calc application HAS NOT graphical styles.
But the lines in the Calc have "line style" and "arrow style" properties. Maybe it could be named as "line type" and "arrow type"...

Could OO fix this? I don't know why someone would program in this default in the first place. Why would one not want one's lines to be visible when printed? Those who complain about this default setting online ask for the same thing: black, 0.01". Why would one put in anything else as a default? It just creates work for the user for no apparent reason.
We are users in this forum, like you are. We can not modify the default properties of an application, what is not available as a Style of the default template. You can modify such properties of the default template, that available by the user interface as named Styles.

The 0,00 mm default line width is the best solution, because the half of the line width (the outer half) will be added to the size of the objects. It would interfere with the precise alignment of the objects.
The default color of the lines is blue in the LibreOffice.

But it is better to draw the vectorgraphic images in the Draw application, and then copy/paste it into the Calc. The Draw has real object styles, and you can set the default object properties in an .otg template.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.