[Solved] Arrows to develop/compress rows

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Nuttinbittin

[Solved] Arrows to develop/compress rows

Post by Nuttinbittin »

New to forum. Relatively unfamiliar with aoo. Actually I have been using aoo for 8 yrs & can't remember how I developed the spreadsheet I'm using. So.... Please excuse my terminology. I have a row on the top of my spreadsheet with little arrows. Clicking on one of the arrows compresses the list showing only the rows of the chosen criteria. How do I get that function on a new spreadsheet? Also on my new computer, it is auto predicting my input & I want to turn that off, how?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on windows 10
FJCC

Re: New to forum

Post by FJCC »

The little arrows are from the AutoFilter. To get that, select the whole column by clicking on the column label, i.e. the letter designating its name, and then select the menu Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter.

To turn off the AutoInput, remove the selection from the menu Tools -> Cell Contents -> AutoInput.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

You will find much useful information in the User Guides and Manuals, the Tutorials and the FAQ. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Nuttinbittin

Post by Nuttinbittin »

Thank you - thank you. I may not need your help for another 8 years.
Nuttinbittin

Post by Nuttinbittin »

I do have another question not really about aoo. So, my new computer does not have the familiar function keys on the keyboard . I've always usef F2 to edit a cell. Not there.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

For that, you need to consult your computer's handbook. Often there is an added key (perhaps labelled Fn) which one depresses to add function key functionality to ordinary keys.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You can double click on a cell to get it in Edit Mode, which is the effect of pressing F2.

On some keyboards, the Function Keys are set to "convenient" primary functions like changing the screen brightness or the sound level. There is then a separate key, labeled fn on my computer, that allows using the function keys as function keys. I have to hold down fn and press my decrease-screen-brightness key to get the F2 function.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Nuttinbittin

Post by Nuttinbittin »

I knew I came to the right place. The old saying if you don't use it you lose it is true. I've wrote macros in Excel, Lotus and even Visicalc. I know that dates myself. Keep up the good work and keep using your skills. It is important..... Thanks. .