Spreadsheet prints blank except for red letters. Baffling.

Discuss the spreadsheet application
yfrigi

Spreadsheet prints blank except for red letters. Baffling.

Post by yfrigi »

The strangest thing is happening to my mother in law. She is running OpenOffice 4.1.5 on a Windows 10 computer. She is working on a spreadsheet and for the past few days she has been unable to print out its contents. The spreadsheet has some figures in red, and those do print out, but the black is not printing. It's a four-page document, and it's formatted correctly (print preview shows everything normal) When she emails me the .ods it prints fine on my computer/printer. When she prints, she gets blank pages EXCEPT for the numbers in red. Only the red numbers print out. She has not run out of black ink because she can print other black-lettered documents fine.

The same blank page problem happens with other open office text documents. They print out as blank pages. Also, when she saves the spreadsheets as PDFs and tries to print them, they are still blank. The only way she's been able to print has been printing screenshots.

She has no problem printing out any other document, email, pdf, etc as long as it doesn't come from OpenOffice. We've restarted her computer, reinstalled OpenOffice, unplugged the printer from the wall, etc. All of the versions of this document look fine on the screen, yet print blank except for the numbers in red.

I even took her .ods file on my computer, copied it to excel, created a PDF from within excel, and emailed her back an .xlsx, pdf and .ods and none of them will print for her. These all print out fine on my printer at home.

I don't think the problem is her printer because she can print other non open office files. She can also print to that printer from her tablet. And she didn't have a problem with OpenOffice until recently.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Do you have any suggestions? I'm at a total loss.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
soby
Volunteer

Re: Spreadsheet prints blank except for red letters. Baffli

Post by soby »

I think maybe a corrupt user profile
Did have it once, it could be that it is the problem
Try to reset the user profile, in windows i don't know where it is
Libre Office 6.1 dev homebuild Open Office 4.1.5 on Slackware64 current