rhpark

Row insertion and crash

Post by rhpark »

when trying to insert row, crashes and reports to Microsoft. whaat can I do
open office 4.0.1 Windows10
RoryOF

Re: row insertion

Post by RoryOF »

More information, please. Are you working in Calc or in a table in Writer or Impress? Or in plain text in Writer.

Will you please confirm version of OpenOffice you are using (/Help /About OpenOffice will give you the version number).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
rhpark

Post by rhpark »

Hi I'm working in open office calc. It's open office 4.0.1
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Please give the exact words of the error message.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
rhpark

Post by rhpark »

It doesn't give message. The program shows not responding and messages that a report is being sent to Microsoft, it then closes down and I have to open up again at which point it comes up a box to recover at which point it loads up and carries on working. But trying to insert again the same thing happens.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Try this file.
Attachments
test.ods
(8.21 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I suggest you commence by installing OO 4.1.5, downloaded only from http://www.openoffice.org/downloads You will be transferred to a SourceForge site and your download will start in about 5 seconds; there is no need (read: do not) to click on any link. Before installing, rename your OO user profile.

As your Forum .sig says you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Cecil235
Banned

Re: Row insertion and crash

Post by Cecil235 »

rhpark wrote:when trying to insert row, crashes and reports to Microsoft. whaat can I do
Try updating to the latest version and check if that resolves the issue.
[u]OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista | [url=https://mobdro.io/][color=#000000]mobdro app[/color][/url][/u]