[Solved] I have some gray boxes that are printing white

Discuss the spreadsheet application
weedjj

[Solved] I have some gray boxes that are printing white

Post by weedjj »

Good morning!

I am new to the board without much spreadsheet experience. I have a couple spreadsheet checklists I have created for work. Some of the tasks only need to be completed some days, so I have grayed out the days they are not applicable. However, when I print the spreadsheet, everything prints out white. I am sure there is a simple solution to this, however I simply do not know the terminology of what to look for. Thanks for any help!!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: I have some gray boxes that are printing white

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the forums.

What method are you using to get the cells grayed out?
Can you attach a sample of your spreadsheet so that we can test with our own systems?
See [Forum]How to attach a document for help with attaching your spreadsheet and information about keeping sensitive information anonymous
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
weedjj

Re: I have some gray boxes that are printing white

Post by weedjj »

I fixed it. I am dumb. I used the background filler to make the cells gray. It was showing up on the print preview, but wasn't printing. Turned out, even tho it was gray, it was trying to print it with the color cartridge which was empty. I changed it to gray scale and it printed right up. Sorry about the silly question!
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: [Solved] I have some gray boxes that are printing white

Post by RusselB »

No worries... I don't know for sure, but I'd suspect that at least half of the questions asked seem silly once they've been answered.
I believe Socrates once said, The only dumb question is one that is not asked
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.