Incrementally increase number

Discuss the spreadsheet application
davemc22

Incrementally increase number

Post by davemc22 »

I am trying to print a document in calc with number 001 as a base number and each progressive print run I would like it to increase to 002 003 etc how can calc do this
openoffice 4.1.5 on windows 10
FJCC

Re: incrementally increase number

Post by FJCC »

Do you want the name of the file to have an incrementing number or a number on the printed page?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

A possible solution: An user defined macro.

Your own "cyclic macro print-routine" will able increase a value in a specific cell after printing a page.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
davemc22

Post by davemc22 »

Hi thanks for the responses I would like a number on a printed page
openoffice 4.1.5 on windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I would like a number on a printed page
You can not put a number on the printed paper independently from the actual content of the document.

(Of course, you can print twice on one paper: primary the document, and secondary the numbers... but it is not an elegand solution.)

You must put the number into a specific cell, or into the header/footer, and must increase it after every number of copies. You can do it by a macro. The macro will reset the number to 1 (if it is necessary), and then will run the cyclic "prin&increase" part of the macro.

Please upload a sample document to show where you want put the number, and how you want format it.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.