Not able to Edit macros

Discuss the spreadsheet application
tmanikanda

Not able to Edit macros

Post by tmanikanda »

Hi All,

I have using AOO 4.1.5 for last 6 months in Windows 10 machine. Suddenly from last two days I am not able to edit the macros. Whenever I open Organizer and choose a module or dialog box to edit the app crashes and showing recovery window.
But I am able to run macros. I event tried resetting the user profile and reinstalling AOO. I saw a post where the user has revert back older version and then it worked. What is the cause of this issue and is there any way to resolve it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 , Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Not able to Edit macros

Post by RoryOF »

Can you make a new macro?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

tmanikanda wrote:I event tried resetting the user profile and reinstalling AOO.
How did you get your macros into the new user profile?
Or are you exclusively talking of macros contained in the documents?
Are you actually sure to have reset the user profile actually in use? (Sometimes there is a different location being a relic from a much older version.)
Did you already try a portable package of AOO 4.1.5? See posts by Hagar Delest and myself in viewtopic.php?f=107&t=90829. After extracted to any empty folder it will run without an install, and should surely not use any settings made by a previously installed version.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München
tmanikanda

Post by tmanikanda »

Hi All
@RoryOF
No I am not to make new macros also.

@Lupp
Yes I am telling about the macros in documents
My macros&dialogs.Standard.Module1 - only this working

I didnt try portable package. Today I tried installed LibreOffice and I am able to open and edit macros though that. But I got 'DisposedException' error in one function where I am getting a value from base and calculating a value(it is not consistent. sometimes the error comes and sometimes it is not coming) in AOO i didnt get this error. And the below code works in AOO but in LO i am getting 'Object variable not set' error

Dialog1.getControl("date1").Date = cDateToIso(Now())

CDateFromIso(Dialog1.getControl("date1").getDate())
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I have had trouble with using macros in OpenOffice ever since the last Windows 10 update. You can probably fix this by uninstalling the latest update. I haven't tried that because I am mostly using a Linux system these days.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
tmanikanda

Post by tmanikanda »

Hi FJCC
Yes you may be correct. Last week there was an update for my Windows 10. Ever since I am facing this trouble