Fill column a with checkboxes

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Maveric169

Fill column a with checkboxes

Post by Maveric169 »

I am trying to fill column A with check boxes for 1,000 rows that will use conditional formating to change the background color of the row when checked. I got everything to work in row 2 (starting row) but i need to duplicate this for 1,000 rows. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this without clicking and pasting and changing 1000 cells one at a time.
openoffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
Maveric169

Re: Fill column a with checkboxes

Post by Maveric169 »

Did I stump everyone with this one? There has to be a way to copy an object to multiple rows.
openoffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The Data - Validity function is not appropriate for you? You can use the 0 and 1 values or the ☑ and ☐ unicode characters in the validity list.

And you can copy the function in simple way into other cells.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

Maveric169 wrote: There has to be a way to copy an object to multiple rows.
How come?

A CheckBox has properties and a functionality. Much of that will need adaption for the copy depending on the specific intentions of the user. If you considered this well, and know what actually can remain unchanged, and what needs adaption in what way, you can write custom code to perform the action.

Always keep in mind that any form control is content of a shape. The shape in turn may be anchored to a cell, but never is content of a cell. It is a member of the DrawPage of the sheet.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München