[Solved] Multiple 'Update Links'

Discuss the spreadsheet application
chattel

[Solved] Multiple 'Update Links'

Post by chattel »

I have been using Calc for years and it works really well for our application. We have 3 files that work together to keep our inventory up to date. They are linked and held on Dropbox. When you open one it asks to Update links and we always say yes. No problems until recently when the Update Links message appears about 5 times, which is annoying. Interestingly there are about 5 links and I have checked and confirm there are no spurious links crept in. Any idea what is going on and how to get back to the single update links message?
Last edited by chattel on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Multiple 'Update Links'

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
This has been reported before, and a relevant topic is located at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94237
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
chattel

Post by chattel »

Thanks for the reference, but that thread seemed to be solved by finding the spurious links. In my case there are none. Also to establish if I have a 'circular link' problem where A to B and then B back to A, I have kept the other files closed and just opened one and the same thing with update links so I do't believe that is the case.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
chattel wrote:When you open one it asks to Update links and we always say yes.
You could use Edit → Links in each spreadsheet and see if you can determine what is causing the behavior you report. But it will be simpler to use option Always and avoid the message altogether.
Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 10.03.42 .png
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
chattel

Post by chattel »

Thanks Mr. Programmer. That's sounds very promising! But unfortunately it doesn't seem to help... I made the change but I still get the Update Links messages.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Further searches of the forum shows many other similar posts, including [Issue] Message "Update all Links" 4.1.4 which contains a bug report and other topic references,
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
chattel

Post by chattel »

Okay. If it's a bug, it makes sense. Thanks for the info