[Solved] Help With Formula

Discuss the spreadsheet application
whitesmarine

[Solved] Help With Formula

Post by whitesmarine »

I have a calc file attached. What I am trying to do is find a formula I can put into cell H2 that will keep adding $0.01 until the number in cell C2 is equal to the number in cell B2. Not sure if this is even possible, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
Profit Calculator.ods
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Last edited by whitesmarine on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Help With Formula

Post by RusselB »

While a formula won't work, a macro might be able to do this, but the easiest way is to use Goal Seek under the Tools menu.
With your spreadsheet, the Formula cell is set for C2. The Target Value has to be manually entered (you can't reference a cell), and the Variable cell is set for H2
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
whitesmarine

Post by whitesmarine »

Thanks, that does work. The problem is I am pretty much entering the information manually already. Basically I am looking for a way to enter cost of a product and have the spreadsheet calculate the end price to get the wanted profit.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Is your end price not calculated by a percentage uplift on the cost price, subjected perhaps to rounding to a consumer attractive price?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
whitesmarine wrote:What I am trying to do is find a formula I can put into cell H2 that will keep adding $0.01 until the number in cell C2 is equal to the number in cell B2.
Use mathematics, not Goal Seek. You have a simple linear equation. H2's formula is =(A2*1.25+G2)/0.705.
Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 17.17.39 .png
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
whitesmarine

Post by whitesmarine »

That works perfectly MrProgrammer, thanks a lot. One more question, any formula so that C2 can come to a set number, say 1.00, no matter the input of A2.