X Axis Legend Error.

Discuss the spreadsheet application
curtplatt

X Axis Legend Error.

Post by curtplatt »

Hello!
My graph legend is containing the first TWO rows of data from my spreadsheet instead of only one row....is this a common bug?

Thank you.
open office 4.1.4 Mac High Sierra
FJCC

Re: X Axis Legend Error.

Post by FJCC »

I didn't know that a two row header was possible, so I learned something today. Calc tries to figure out what is data and what is a label and it does not always succeed. You can specify everything on the third page of the chart dialog, the one called Data Series, so you should be able to produce the graph you want. To understand what is going on in your case, we would need to see an example. Can you upload a file showing the problem? To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just uner the box where you type a response. my guess is that a cell you think contains a number actually contains text.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Is this file an ODF type spreadsheet, or it is some foreign type spreadsheet?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
curtplatt

Post by curtplatt »

its open office here is a screen shot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.53.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 7.53.25 PM.png (104.5 KiB) Viewed 816 times
open office 4.1.4 Mac High Sierra
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

We can not test a picture. Please upload your ODF type sample file here. Delete the sensitive data before. Note: the file size limit is 128 KiB in this forum.

(Otherwise your picture is very blurry.
Use a lower COLOR DEPTH value with the original pixel resolution: the file size will be decreased to about 1/3 value. I usually use the free IrfanView software for this task. I use 256 color only.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.