[Solved] Convert cell addresses from text to its values

Discuss the spreadsheet application
gazzlowe

[Solved] Convert cell addresses from text to its values

Post by gazzlowe »

I have a text containing multiple cell addresses ( formula function several times substituted to get appropriate math syntax ) and I need each cell address to be replaced with its value without need to manually put every text into quotes and place amps between each text block / cell address.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 64
FJCC

Re: Convert multiple cell addresses from text to its values

Post by FJCC »

An example document would help us understand better what you are looking for. To upload a document, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.

It might also help if you would explain the higher level goal you are trying to achieve. There may be a simpler way to achieve it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
gazzlowe

Post by gazzlowe »

Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language and my skills are quite bad, since I barely happen to express something in it.
Attachments
123456789.ods
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 64
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

=INDIRECT("A1") returns the value of the cell that is specified by the string "A1"
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

gazzlowe wrote:I have a text containing multiple cell addresses ( formula function several times substituted to get appropriate math syntax ) and I need each cell address to be replaced with its value without need to manually put every text into quotes and place amps between each text block / cell address.
201808131908.ods
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).