[Solved] Sheet Tab Colors Not All Imported

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Nehpets

[Solved] Sheet Tab Colors Not All Imported

Post by Nehpets »

I've imported an Excel 2013 spreadsheet that has colored sheet tabs, but only a few of the imported tabs contain the colors. In addition, the context menu (right click) only contains the option for tab colors on the tabs that successfully imported their colors, but context menu for the tabs that do not contain the original colors, only contain the following menu choices: Insert Sheet, Move/Copy Sheet, Select All Sheets, Sheet Events, Copy.

From my limited experience with Open Office, I cannot find a way to apply colors to the tabs that have no color.

What would you advise?

Thanks,

Stephen
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7 & 10
RusselB

Re: Sheet Tab Colors Not All Imported

Post by RusselB »

As I don't work with coloured tabs and the fact that you are starting with an Excel file, I'm going to suggest you consider downloading and installing the latest version of LibreOffice as it has been reported to have a higher compatibility with the Excel file formats.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Nehpets

Re: Sheet Tab Colors Not All Imported

Post by Nehpets »

Russel,

Thanks for the suggestion! I installed Libre Office 6.0.5 and encountered the same anomaly of omitting some tab colors; however, the clearer Libre Office interface indicated the sheets were locked, and on unlocking the sheet, the Tab Color menu option was now displayed, thereby allowing me to add the required color to the Libre Office modified copy.

Going back to the OpenOffice installation, by unlocking the sheet, the Tab Color menu option was similarly now available for formatting.

The problem is solved, although I still wonder if the omission of color formatting for some tabs is a deficiency in the conversion protocol.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7 & 10