Sorting by colour

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Martin S

Sorting by colour

Post by Martin S »

My spreadsheet has date columns, some with a colour (representing a specific day of the week). The columns contain scores as numbers.

The rows are individual players.

I want to sort the scores into descending order but I want it to also sort the colour so that i can see what day the score was made.

Is there a way to do this or a suggestion as to another (simple) way I can achieve the same result??

Hopefully

Martin
Open Office 4.1.3 Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Sorting by colour

Post by Zizi64 »

The sort function works with real data only. The formatting properties are not real data in the cells.

Use a helper column for marking the "color values" (and use the Conditional Format feature for automatic coloring the cells based on the value of the helper cells). Than you will able sort the data based on the values of the helper cells, and the formatting properties will "move" together with the sorted helper values.

You need use the Cell styles for the Conditional Formatting feature - instead of the manual (direct) formatting properties.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Sorting by colour

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice