[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 message: Update All Links ?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
thinman3
Volunteer

[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 message: Update All Links ?

Post by thinman3 »

After updating to the above version, I started getting pop-ups asking if I wanted to " Update all Links ? " , with a Yes / No button selection. Click on the "Yes" button and it goes thru an updating routine. Before I can do anything else, another pop-up appears with the message:: " This file contains links to other files. Should they be updated ? " , with the Yes / No buttons for my choice. I then click on " Yes " and it goes thru another update routine. There has been a 3rd "Update" message also on one other occasion.

My question is:: Why doesn't the first " Update all Links ? " update ALL links.

thinman3
Last edited by thinman3 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3.4.1 & 4.1.5 on MS Windows 7 Pro x64
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: AOO 4.1.5 message:: Update All Links ?

Post by John_Ha »

thinman3 wrote:My question is:: Why doesn't the first " Update all Links ? " update ALL links.
Asking why is a pretty irrelevant question as no-one here knows any more than you know. However, as a guess, assume File A has a link to File B; and File B has a link to File C and File D. You might want to update A with B, but not update B with C and D as you want to leave B as it was with the old C and D. This allows it.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
odehart

Re: [Solved] AOO 4.1.5 message: Update All Links ?

Post by odehart »

I have the same problem, the sudden appearance of "update all links". The problem being that I have never created any links in so far as I know. So how do I get rid of this annoying button? And it would be interesting to know why this button should appear following the update.
Windows 7 / Open Office 3.4.1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The problem being that I have never created any links in so far as I know.
You can create links accidentally by some simple Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V action with any content of an another document.
Check it if the links exist: in the Edit - Links menu item. You will see the file name of the source file.

My tip:
Always paste the contents as UNFORMATTED TEXT from all of foreign sources.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
odehart

Post by odehart »

Thanks. Found where the link got created and deleted.
Windows 7 / Open Office 3.4.1