[Solved] Row skipped in PDF

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Kent33

[Solved] Row skipped in PDF

Post by Kent33 »

I use an Open Office spreadsheet, not for calculations, but for a Community Directory of names, phone numbers, addresses. etc. Including the column headers there are 100 rows. When I print the file to a PDF printer two pages are produced but the 52nd row is skipped.

What to do? Force 3 pages? How?

Thanks in advance....one of our residents would very much appreciate your help
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 7 64bit
FJCC

Re: Page Breaks

Post by FJCC »

Select the menu View -> Page Break Preview. Is row 52 included in the white printed area?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Kent33 wrote:When I print the file to a PDF printer two pages are produced but the 52nd row is skipped.
Select all the data to be printed and use Format → Print Ranges → Define. Review options in Format → Page, and in Format → Print Ranges → Edit. If these ideas don't solve the problem attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself).

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Kent33

Post by Kent33 »

FJCC wrote:Select the menu View -> Page Break Preview. Is row 52 included in the white printed area?
That's another part of the problem I forgot to mention....thinking Page Break Preview might be of some help I clicked it several times and saw nothing...everything is white except the text in cells.

I suppose I need to study up on automatic page breaks versus manual breaks.
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 7 64bit