[Solved] Calc data from multiple sheets

Discuss the spreadsheet application
erosencrance

[Solved] Calc data from multiple sheets

Post by erosencrance »

Using Calc I have sales team data from multiple weeks for each member of my sales team. I want to extract that data and create a spread sheet of each persons individual #'s to look at trends and patterns. is there an easier way other than cut and paste for the program to automatically pull that data out.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
open office 4.1.5 on windows 8.1
RusselB

Re: Calc data from multiple sheets

Post by RusselB »

If you have one sheet per member, create an extra column and copy & paste the data for each person into the main sheet, adding the team member's name in the extra column.
Once you have all the data in one sheet, you can use a Pivot Table (aka DataPilot) to extract all kinds of information.
You might be able to do it with the data being on different sheets, but I'm not sure.,,, I've never tried to use the DataPilot from multiple sources.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
erosencrance

Re: Calc data from multiple sheets

Post by erosencrance »

Thanks for the suggestion.
I found my solution though on another forum list. I used the DGET function and then just used a validity list in the lookup field to each persons data out individually.
open office 4.1.5 on windows 8.1