[Solved] Predictive ??

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jaqui

[Solved] Predictive ??

Post by jaqui »

Just started using OO, but very annoyingly when I was editing my accounts, I changed a product a code from 6 to 6H, then all entries that had the code 6 below this entry was changed to 6H and every time I type 6 it automatically enters 6H ?????? I am now having to re-examine ALL entries (of which there are many) to determine whether it is a 6 or a 6H :crazy:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
FJCC

Re: Predictive ??

Post by FJCC »

You can turn off this behavior with the menu Tool -> Cell Contents -> AutoInput
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

oops, I clicked submit too soon.
AutoInput should not change any existing entries. Are you sure that happened?
Changing 6H to H should be easy with Edit -> Find & Replace. You can select the affected column and, under More Options in the Find & Replace dialog, click Current Selection Only to avoid changing data in other columns.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
jaqui

Post by jaqui »

The entries of both 6 & 6H are in the same column, so find and replace wont do as it changes all entries - BUT! the most important element was to prevent it happening :bravo: :bravo: Thankyou, eay when you know eh!
Open Office 3.1 on Windows 10