[Solved] Add more to a totalled sum

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Deblk

[Solved] Add more to a totalled sum

Post by Deblk »

Hi...I have a column that I have totalled and would like to add more to that total then total again....how can I do this please. TIA

I have found a way and that is to re format cell below total then continue...am sure there is a better way but this will work :)
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] [RoryOF, Moderator]
Libreoffice 6.0.6.2 x64 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Add more to a totalled sum

Post by robleyd »

How do you want to "add more" - did you want more rows in the column; did you want to add the sum of cells in another column; or something else?

A clear description of what you are trying to achieve will help us to help you.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Perhaps you can use SUBTOTAL(9;<range>) instead of SUM(<range>) (which I suspect that you are using). The SUBTOTAL() function will disregard all direct results from other SUBTOTAL() entries and also entries hidden by filtering, and summarize everything else including manually hidden entries (hidden by Format - Row - Hide or by collapsing a group).

The "9" parameter is the function index for plain arithmetic sum. There are other summary options. See the help function installed with your software, or the web help pages available online.
Deblk

Post by Deblk »

keme wrote:Perhaps you can use SUBTOTAL(9;<range>) instead of SUM(<range>) (which I suspect that you are using). The SUBTOTAL() function will disregard all direct results from other SUBTOTAL() entries and also entries hidden by filtering, and summarize everything else including manually hidden entries (hidden by Format - Row - Hide or by collapsing a group).

The "9" parameter is the function index for plain arithmetic sum. There are other summary options. See the help function installed with your software, or the web help pages available online.
Thank you :)
Libreoffice 6.0.6.2 x64 on Windows 10